Happy Networking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When last did you check your HIV status?

Go down

When did you last check your HIV status?

When last did you check your HIV status? I_vote_lcap0%When last did you check your HIV status? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When last did you check your HIV status? I_vote_lcap0%When last did you check your HIV status? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

When last did you check your HIV status? Empty When last did you check your HIV status?

Post by Admin Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:44 pm

TESTING FREQUENCY
How often should you take an HIV test? That depends!
The CDC recommends health care providers test everyone between the ages of 13 and 64 at least once as part of routine health care. One in seven people in the United States who have HIV do not know they are infected.
In other words, you should have an HIV test during a medical check-up—just like you have a blood test or a urine test to be sure you are healthy.
Behaviors that put you at risk for HIV include having vaginal or anal sex without a condom or without being on medicines that prevent or treat HIV, or sharing injection drug equipment with someone who has HIV. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you should definitely get an HIV test:
Have you had sex with someone who is HIV-positive or whose status you didn’t know since your last HIV test?
Have you injected drugs (including steroids, hormones, or silicone) and shared equipment (or works, such as needles and syringes) with others?
Have you exchanged sex for drugs or money?
Have you been diagnosed with or sought treatment for a sexually transmitted disease, like syphilis?
Have you been diagnosed with or sought treatment for hepatitis or tuberculosis (TB)?
Have you had sex with someone who could answer yes to any of the above questions or someone whose history you don’t know?
If you continue having unsafe sex or sharing injection drug equipment, you should get tested at least once a year. Sexually active gay and bisexual men may benefit from more frequent testing (e.g., every 3 to 6 months).
You should consult your healthcare provider to see how often you should be tested.
If you or your partner plan to become pregnant, getting an HIV test is very important. All women who are pregnant should be tested during the first trimester of pregnancy. The CDC also recommends another HIV test in the third trimester of pregnancy for women at high risk of HIV, and for women who live in areas where there are high rates of HIV infection among pregnant women or among women aged 15-44.
If you have already been diagnosed with HIV and are pregnant, there are medications and treatment that can lower the chance of passing HIV to your baby. Please contact your doctor or local health department for proper care and information. For more information, see Pregnancy and Childbirth.

Admin
Admin

https://happynetworking.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum